Extra Curricular, Trips & Activities
We provide many opportunities for learning outside the classroom and actively encourage all students to participate in at least one extra-curricular activity. The main programme of activities includes:
- A Music Faculty offering a wide range of choral and instrumental groups which regularly rehearse during lunchtimes and perform at events throughout the year.
- A very strong extra-curricular sports programme which combines competitive success with encouraging students of all abilities. School teams have reached many district and county finals and there are sporting opportunities for everyone.
- A Drama Faculty staging several full scale productions each year. The Drama Department also provide weekly support to Razed Roof, an inclusive performing arts and theatre company based in Harlow.
- A Dance Faculty offering a busy community programme with clubs and classes taking place at lunchtimes, after school and in the evenings.
- Out-of-school activities such as Young Enterprise, Eco Schools and the Duke of Edinburgh Award (DoE).
- Many charity activities which raise around £5,000 each year for good causes.
- We also hold an annual Challenge Week, and organise skiing and international sporting tours.
- We also have a comprehensive House Programme which includes dance, drama, music and sport events.